EFFECT OF BELIEF IN ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP
BY: ADESHINAH ADEWUYI
Apart from LOVE, belief is also one of the most powerful weapon that could bond lovers together as well as to terminate their relationship. But belief doesn’t have the power over love.
If Mr A love Miss B and he belief that Miss B can’t accept his proposal because of one reason or the other, that doesn’t mean that Mr A won’t love Miss B anymore but the BELIEF will not allow both of them to engage in relationship.
You can now understand that belief have effect on relationship and not on love and belief about someone or something is not always permanent like love
WHAT IS BELIEF
I define belief as whatever someone agree upon from others or what someone developed on his/her own with faith which he/she apply to the principles of his living to himself, someone or something.
BELIEF IS ALWAYS AFFECTED BY THREE THINGS
- Experience: the knowledge you have gain from what you have seen or hear about someone or something, what happen to someone, doing something, can influence your belief. Example; all men are bad
- Sermon: its a serious address, a discussion,a lecture, a preaching, a proof in a depreciating sense that changes your way of thinking and belief. Example; there is mermaid in the sea
- Nature: its what you prefer doing at a particular point in time that you have belief in.
EFFECT OF BELIEF IN RELATIONSHIP
1. Belief has effect on spouse: your belief affect the way you treat all conditions,situations and also the way you act or react.
If your belief to the present situation is positive it will yield positive result and if your belief is negative it will yield negative result
If the present situation is MISUNDERSTANDING
if your belief is positive you will try to make things understood to each other
But if the belief is negative he/she will seek for divorce and it will affect spouse and the relationship
2. Belief make relationship stronger: if you belief that he/she is the one and no one else
And you treat him/her right and not less
You belief that he/she owns you and you owns him/her too
You belief that his/her complain was because he/she loves you
You belief that he/she is right and he/she belief that you’re right too
You belief that the relationship is for the happiness of both of you
Then the relationship will be stronger
3. Belief weaken the relationship: if you belief that he/she can’t correct you
You think you’re too big to obey your spouse and you always want him or her to obey you
If you think divorce is the only solution
If you belief that he/she is not true etc
The relationship might collapse